Tuesday, January 19, 2010

comcasttheworldofmore.com

I got a letter in the mail today from Comcast that at first glance looks like a counter-punch to the intense advertising campaign that Verizon Fios has going on in my area right now.  The letter thanks me for using Comcast and tells me that they have recently upgraded the network in my community. 
It goes on to inform me of the new HD channels in my area, 50mbs High Speed Internet Service and Digital Voice, all of which I already subscribe to.  The website then asks me to visit a website to see how I can take advantage of all that Comcast has to offer. The website was not a Comcast site that I had seen before and seems to be customized for me...

FirstNameLastName.comcasttheworldofmore.com

Of course the real link has my actual first and last name but the above link brings you to the same site.  The site again is trying to sell all of the Comcast products that I already have but there is a link at the bottom to download a coupon for a free On Demand movie.  Cool!!!!  So I click on the link and get the below error:




Invalid Password?  I was never prompted for a password or a username for that matter.  Anyone else out there able to download the coupon.  I can't imagine Comcast sent out a link to a website that doesn't work.  If so I gotta think someone is going to get fired.

2 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

I'd like to help in making sure that the offer is extended to you. I will also notify he appropriate department regarding the site. Please send me the phone number on the account so that we can assist further.

I apologize for the trouble.
Thanks,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,

Are you able to forward me the email you received referencing this site? Please including your best contact number, account phone number and service address.

I understand the hesitation to send me those details, please google my name, see our twitter page twitter.com/comcastgeorge. I am also the admin to our Comcast Help Forums "ComcastGeorge" If you have any further questions, email me anytime.

Thank you,

George Lunski
Comcast Corporate Office

George_Lunski@Comcast.Com