Monday, January 4, 2010

Comcast Smartzone Calendar

Comcast sent out an email last week about a new Calendar feature within Smartzone.  I had a chance to poke around with the Smartzone Calendar tonight.  While I do like it I don't see myself using it all that much..  For my personal appointments I use my Blackberry Calender which I always have access to so it is much more convenient.  For my work appointments I use my companies' corporate Outlook client. The Smartzone Calender does have a feature which allows synchronization with outlook calendars but this is not something that my corparate IT department would allow as you need to install a toolbar.

Overall  the Smartzome Calendar seems so have most of the features that the Outlook calendar has.  These features include:
  • View the Calendar by Year, Month or Day
  • Add an Event/Meeting or recurring Event/Meeting
  • Ability to Share your calendar with Comcast and non-Comcast Users.
  • Create Tasks and Notes
  • Get pop-up reminders of meetings/events
  • Ability to synchronize with Outlook via a toolbar install.
  • Ability to view upcoming OnDemand movire releases (which is just an advertising tool for the OnDemad services)
Kudos to Comcast for continuing to add new features to the services that they offer.  More info in the SmartZone Calendar can be found here.

No comments: