Tuesday, May 22, 2012

XFINITY Streampix Free Preview

I got an email from Xfinity today that they are having a free preview of their Streampix service from May 22 through May 28th for Xfinity Customers.  You can watch the first season of 10 of the top TV shows including:  Lost, Desperate Housewives, Heroes and Rescue Me.  They are also offering 24 Movies including: Ocean's Eleven. Ghostbusters and The Big Lebowski.  Below link will bring you to the preview:

Streampix Free Preview

For those that are unfamiliar with Streampix it is Xfinty's Netflix killer.   If you subscribe to XfinityTV Phone and Internet you get Streampix for free.  Everyone else (like me) has to pay and additional $4.99 a month for the service.  I have to say I am a bit confused by the service as it seems to be a similar product as OnDemand.  Which I can watch on my TV, PC or mobile device but I don't have to pay extra.  But I guess content is key with Streampix.  They offer more popular movies and TV series with full seasons of some of them.  For me though definitely not worth the extra $5 a month to watch Ghostbusters and Superman.

Will be interesting to see where they go with it.  I think Xfinity can see that the cable industry will eventually go the way of the dinosaur with streaming becoming more popular.  This is Xfinity sticking their toe in the water early so they don't get left behind.

1 comment:

Andy McPhee said...

That's another reason i never liked comcast, they never told me about any of that free preview stuff when I had them.

FiOS is offering Free HBO/Cinemax Jun 8-11 for the True Blood premier as I way to sucker anyone in to the new season.