Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Weekly Verizon Fios Advertisement

I think I have mentioned it here in the past that I get a letter or postcard just about every week from Verizon FiOS trying to get me to switch from Comcast. Usually these letters tout some new feature that "Cable" does not offer. This week the new features they are advertising have me a bit intrigued.

FiOS has something called Widgets which traditionally allow you to access local information like traffic or weather in a ticket under the program you are watching. The new widgets apparently allow you to view Twitter, Facebook or ESPN Fantasy Football. I am not a big Twitter or Facebook user but it would be pretty cool to check my Fantasy Football scores while I am watching the game. Right now I either have to run into the other room to check my scores or wait for my extremely slow Blackberry Fantasy Football App to update.

The Gizmodo blog has a few screenshots here if you are interested.

No comments: