Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Comcast Outage Board - Network Health

I was recently browsing around the Comcast help pages and noticed a link to something called the Outage Board. Follow the link and you get a page that looks like this:

Apparently the page is updated with the current status of various network components for a particular user/area. You seem to need to be signed in to your Comcast account to see your status. Some of the items are pretty obvious like Internet Connection, SmartZone, Video Services and Digital Voice. But there are a couple items on the list that I have no idea what they mean, things such as: Provisioning, Commercial, CSA Abuse/Security Issues and Other Features/Services. The page is currently showing that I have an outage alert in Other Features/Services since November 16, 2009. There are no links to explain what these things are, even a google search provides no answers.


Might be a useful page to see what is going on if I am having trouble with my service but then again if my Internet is down I won't be able to get to the page. If anyone can shed any light on the Comcast Outage Board post a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Comcast has been out in my area in N.GA for 2 days. They say there is an outage here. I log in and went to the site http://online.comcast.net/networkhealth/outagecheck.aspx

Does not show any outage in my area. Is there really an outage in my area or are they yanking my chain.